The Fairborn Art Association is a nonprofit organization, located in Fairborn, Ohio, designed to promote and encourage the appreciation and development of art in various forms, sponsor art classes, workshops and programs, and provide community service.
Membership is open to all persons interested in the objectives of the Association. General meetings are held the first Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. with the exceptions of January, July and August. Meetings are held in the
Fairborn Art Association Gallery
221 North Central Avenue
located in the rear of the Fairborn Senior Apartment Building. (See map and photo.)
The membership year is from June 1 to May 31. Annual dues are due prior to June 1 (or the meeting in June) to be included in the membership directory. The following are the different classifications of membership:
Senior Citizen (60 yr+) $15.00
Students and past presidents Free
Click here to download and print a membership application 2021 Membership Form The application and remittance should be mailed to:
Fairborn Art Association
P.O. Box 1231
Fairborn, OH 45324
Our Board members are always willing to answer your questions about our organization and any questions about upcoming events, announcements, and other general requests. You may contact any of the Board members at the mailing address or this email address: [email protected]
Board Member Officers are
President Linda Brandenburg
Vice President Carol Edsall
Treasurer Roger Browning
Recording Secretary Sheryl Scott
Corresponding Secretary Lisa Becker
Ex-Officio President Billie Dickson
Volunteer Committee Chairpersons for FAA Activities and Events include
Sweet Corn Festival Chair Warren Brown
Greeting Host and
Membership Chair Debbie Cosenza
Gallery Coordinator and
Refreshments Chair Carol Collett
Workshops Chair Pat Dunker
Facility Manager Roger Browning
Publicity, Sunshine, and
Photography Chair James Gifford
Members Fine Art Show
Chair Connie Gifford
Website Administrator Jackie Albright
Benefits of joining our organization include:
- Our website reflects the endeavors of the Association and the members. We include members’ areas of artistic endeavor on our membership application so that contact can be made between members having similar interests. To that end, we decided to include a questionnaire on the membership form to allow members to check off their activities. This information will be kept in the private Association database and made available to others only with your permission.
- We email the Newsletter to all members who have email accounts. We request your email address on the membership application for this reason and to give us a way to contact members quickly in case of an emergency. We will not publish your name, personal information, or your email address, nor will we give this information to anyone without your permission. We use the regular mailing service for those members who do not have an email account. Please use our email system if possible. We try to spend our funds wisely and email saves us the cost of printing, labeling, and mailing the newsletter.
- The website includes a gallery of individual member’s artwork, its title, along with the artist’s name, a biography or personal statement, and personal website if desired.
- Members receive a monthly newsletter with up-to-date information about current art events, monthly programs, classes, workshops, shows and exhibitions, special promotions, sales, and much more.
- Members receive discounts on entry fees for shows and exhibitions, classes, workshops, and materials.
- Workshops and demo programs are conducted in the Gallery by nationally known guest artists.
- Members have an opportunity to paint in the studio or outdoors and to display their artwork in the FAA Gallery, located in the all-purpose room. The Gallery is open to the public on Sundays from 1:00-4:00 p.m. or by special appointment. No commission is taken by the FAA. All sales tax is the responsibility of each artist.
- Members may have their own booth, may help with the planning, and/or other needed activities at the Fairborn Sweet Corn Festival held the third full weekend in August each year. The FAA is one of two sponsors of the Fairborn Sweet Corn Festival which is the FAA’s main fundraiser. Profits from this festival are used to support programs, activities, and two $1,000 scholarships that are awarded each year to deserving senior high school students to help further his/her art education at an accredited college or university.
- Members have the enjoyment of fellowship and sharing with other fine artists in the area.
- You will be a member of one of the BEST art organizations in Ohio!